The Audit and Risk Recruitment Company have been mandated to work with a Tier 1 bank on an Internal Audit Manager role. The role requires an experienced auditor with model risk/credit risk/ operational risk or financial crime experience in a financial service environment. The successful candidate will be required to conduct complex audits and working with senior stakeholders in regards to the risk and controls framework. As this is a global Tier 1 bank there will be an element of international travel to the necessary hubs. It is based in Central London paying £55-75K.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead complex audits end to end and provide suitable recommendations based on the audit findings and ensure these are presented to senior managers appropriately.
- Communicate the associated risks identified and find the root cause in order to implement the necessary controls.
- Present audit reports to senior management and monitor the implementation.
- Understand the scope of the risk and be able to communicate this to the wider team.
- Coach and develop junior members of the team
- Understand the strengths, weaknesses and limitations of the banks' current business model and how that might impact an audit.
- Need a relevant qualification in internal audit ACA/ACCA/CIA etc
- Exposure to credit risk modelling, Basel internal rating system development, Financial Crime Compliance models, Operational Risk modelling, stress testing, scenario analysis, and actuarial modelling.
- Preferably to have worked in a financial service environment where models are applied such as front office trading desks etc.
- Strong communication and written skills
The Audit and Risk Recruitment Company, experts in audit and risk recruitment!