My client is an established Financial Services Business with Asset Management and Corporate banking specialisms.
This is an exciting time to join the business as they expand the audit team. As a result of this growth, they are now seeking a Senior Audit Operations Analyst to drive all areas of the audit department’s operations.
This position will suit an individual with an audit background looking to move into a more strategic type position, away from audit reporting, focussing on delivering and improving methodology, audit management systems, MI and reporting (translating data), and training.
- Supporting the audit function in ensuring key deliverables such as the Audit Committee reporting documents are of a high standard, with innovative presentation and that the audit plan is in line with the IIA standards and the Revised Financial Services Code for Internal Audit
- Maintaining and developing technology platforms and audit methodology, including the development and application of a robust QA methodology, seeking improvements where necessary
- Being instrumental in developing and delivering the career development structure and appraisal process for the Audit team, including supporting technical training needs and soft skills development
- Supporting the delivery of communications plan to build a strong and collaborative culture
You will be responsible for:
- Develop and drive quality assurance and improvement programme, including reviewing audit files, analysis of results, reporting of conclusions, and identifying areas for improvement.
- Driving forward the ongoing/continuous improvement of Audit methodology
- Actively keeping abreast of new developments in internal audit, be responsive to changing business needs, and strive for continuous improvement.
- Building and maintaining relationships with key internal stakeholders and gathering regular stakeholder feedback, analysing the results & reporting of conclusions and recommending improvements if required
- Participating in special projects relating to the wider business or specific initiatives.
Audits of differing types will be undertaken. This will necessitate a wide knowledge and appreciation of internal audit principles and techniques to a high level of proficiency
Qualifications, Training and Experience
- 4+ years’ experience in Internal Audit / Risk (Can be from Professional Services)
- Accountancy / Audit qualifications such as ACA, ACCA, CIA are beneficial
- Ideally exposure to Financial Services industry
- Exposure to Audit best practice and methodology is beneficial
- MI / Data reporting – ability to translate data into meaningful and insightful information
- Strong relationship builder (internally and externally)
- Must be open and cooperative with the FCA