*Director of Internal Audit - Exclusive Role*
The Audit and Risk Recruitment Company (ARRC) have been asked by a global company to recruit a Director of Internal Audit. This is a great opportunity to work for a listed global logistics and supply chain business with excellent exposure to my client’s activities and processes. The role offers excellent opportunities within the group as you will help set the strategic leadership and direction of internal audit across North America.
Due to the nature of this business, it has been unaffected by the current climate of uncertainty, in fact, their product is in high demand and Interviews are being conducted via video conferencing. When normality resumes you will be based in the St Louis office and travel will be circa 40%.
The purpose of this role is to undertake global assignments providing independent appraisals of the effectiveness of risk management and internal controls in all functional areas in the business including financial, IT and operational control reviews and ad hoc assignments. You will be managing a team of 3 and reporting directly to the Head of Internal Audit.
· To plan and carry out risk driven assignments on a functional or business unit basis
under the guidance of a Head of Audit.
· To discuss findings with management responsible focusing on areas of business risk, control weakness and operational efficiency enhancements.
· To prepare and agree summary reports of findings and recommendations.
· To undertake follow up of significant recommendations to ascertain whether
improvement actions have been implemented.
· Experience in internal audit, Big 4 background preferred
· Strong interpersonal & communication skills, ability to interact with senior management
· Good understanding of risk management and internal control and a well-developed commercial awareness.
· Able to prioritise, multi-task and be comfortable with a changing environment
· Professional accountancy qualification (CPA, CIA, CA,)