The Audit and Risk Recruitment Company (ARRC) has been mandated by a FTSE 250 organisation to recruit a Group Internal Auditor. Reporting in the Head of Audit, you would be joining an audit function that is highly respected and valued across the business
You will have full ownership of audits from planning through to reporting stages and engagement with exec level stakeholders. It’s a role where your assurance work will make a genuine impact to the business.
The nature of the audits will mainly be operational (circa 75%, the remaining finance focused), and you will also conduct plenty of project-based work, for example, ESG is at the heart of what they do. The business is also completing an acquisition so you will have the opportunity to support the integration of processes too.
Additionally, emphasis will be placed on your further development by the supportive Head of Audit, for instance, if you wanted to gain more exposure to IT audit, or involvement with the impending UK SOX, he can make that happen.
- Minimum 3 years internal audit experience including leading on the end-to-end audit process
- An audit or accounting qualification (CIA / ACA / ACCA) would be ideal but those qualified by experience should also apply
- Knowledge of key business processes, internal control frameworks and risk management principles
- Good communication skills with the ability to build and maintain strong working relationships across level, and the ability to challenge and influence
Working arrangements and travel
- 3 days in the office and 2 from home
- Low travel (circa 15%) and confined to the South-West
Salary / package details
- Up to £42,000 base salary
- Discretionary bonus
- Company pension contribution of up to 14%
- 26 days holiday + Bank Holidays