The Audit and Risk Recruitment Company is recruiting a Birmingham based, Group Internal Auditor on behalf of highly profitable, FTSE organisation that boasts a global reach within a booming sector.
The role has arisen from an internal move into the business and will be a part of a large and diverse group internal audit function containing over 18 nationalities. Right from the very top, the function is held in high esteem by the business and is a key business partner for supporting growth and managing group-wide risk.
Your role will both lead and support on a broad range of risk-based financial and operational audits, as well as other project-based work such as fraud investigations.
In doing so, you will be dealing with various stakeholders across the Group and develop a robust understanding of how the business operates creating unrivalled opportunities to transition into the business after 2 years, which will be encouraged should you wish to make an internal move – a few examples include FP&A, finance management, financial control etc., or options in operations. You can also move to other global offices within the organisation.
Whilst in the internal audit function, you will also have a structured programme of training and development from a knowledgeable and supportive managerial team.
If you like to travel a bit too, this will be a bonus, up to 40% of the role will be entail travel to other European locations – this will typically be during the week, so you will be back for weekends unless preferring to stay out in the respective location to explore.
Background and requirements
- Full accounting or audit qualification
- Minimum 3 years’ experience although a couple of years PQE would be the ideal
- Some internal audit or internal controls testing experience (particularly SOX) is preferred, although, external auditors should also apply if experienced in working with larger, listed clients
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to apply commercial acumen
- Driving license
- Any additional European languages skills would be a big plus!
- £45,000 - £55,000 base salary + car allowance + bonus
- Fluid but typically expect 2 days in the office and 3 from home