A highly successfully, global media and telecoms company is seeking a Group Assurance Manager on a 9-months, fixed-term contract basis (maternity cover). The position is remote working so you can be based anywhere in the UK.
You will be report into the Director and be part of a large risk, controls and assurance function that is extremely credible, good at what they do, and respected across the organisation.
You can expect to gain extensive exposure as you will have a Group wide remit that will see you lead in providing assurance on financial and business controls. The wider controls assurance programme is developed around key risk areas and feedback from the top, so your work will always be value added and see you interact with key decision makers.
- Building and maintaining close working relationships with the senior management team of the risk, controls, and assurance function, and ensuring cross team collaboration
- Establishing and maintaining close relationships with key local stakeholders and management
- Managing and delivery, on a day-to-day basis, the planning, performance and reporting of allocated controls assurance assignments across the Group in line with professional standards
- Assessing and testing business and financial controls
- Advocating the continual improvement in the control environment
- Reporting to local senior management on key issues on a timely basis in a clear and concise fashion
Required from you will be an accounting qualification (ICAS / ACA / ACCA), financial auditing experience and a robust understanding of process, risk, and controls – ideally within Big 4 and / or a large commercial enterprise. The ability to influence, negotiate, and basically communicate effectively will naturally be critical too.
Please apply now for immediate consideration.