The Audit and Risk Recruitment Company (ARRC) are working with a FTSE 250 Company based in South Yorkshire to recruit a Group Risk Manager for their growing team. This British-based business operates within the construction industry and has a European presence, therefore some European travel is required (circa 10-15%).
You will be reporting into the Director of Risk and Internal Audit, working closely with the Group Internal Audit and Compliance functions to ensure risks within the business are identified, investigated and mitigated. Your responsibilities will including embedding an effective risk management culture within the organisation, evaluation the internal control framework and monitoring the implementation of action plans to ensure risk mitigation efforts are proceeding as required.
The ideal candidate will hold a recognised accountancy qualification (ACA/ACCA) and will have experience working within a practice background (Big 4/Top 10) as well as several years working within industry. If you have experience both within audit and risk, this will be highly beneficial.
There is a competitive salary on offer, as well as excellent benefits and opportunities to progress into the business later down the line.
- Investigate, report, review and challenge on risk;
- Manage the embedding of an effective pro-active and reactive risk management culture within the organisation through training, awareness, organising workshops and networking;
- Evaluate the adequacy of the company’s internal control framework in addressing risks and accomplishing the company’s goals and objectives;
- Drive development of data analytics for Group Internal Audit;
- Monitor the implementation of action plans to ensure risk mitigation efforts are proceeding as required;
- Monitor and report on compliance within risk management framework and work with third party SMEs to improve framework;
- Assist in the implementation of policies on risk management and internal control.
- You must be educated to degree level and hold a recognised accounting qualification (ACA/ACCA);
- You must have 3+ years experience working within practice (Big 4/Top 10);
- You must have 3+ years PQE working within industry (mix of audit and risk experience);
- Ideally, you will be qualified in risk or willing to work towards a risk qualification;
- Any data analytics and project management experience would be beneficial.
Unfortunately visa sponsorship cannot be offered.
Please get in touch with your CV should you wish to be considered for this role.
The Audit & Risk Recruitment Company – Experts in Audit and Risk Recruitment!