The Audit & Risk Recruitment Company is recruiting a Head of Audit on behalf of a Warwickshire based, FTSE listed organisation.
Reporting into the General Counsel & Company Secretary, this is a newly created position and will see you spearhead the development of an integrated audit function, including building a team.
This is a key hire for the organisation in delivering upon its strategic objectives and is a fantastic opportunity for you to drive a function and make it your own from day one.
The new function has significant buy-in and interaction from the very top - your key stakeholders will include the AC, General Counsel & Company Secretary, CEO and CFO, so a track record of building relationships, business partnering, influencing, and challenging at this level is required. Specific sector experience is not must, but you will have operated in a senior level audit capacity (ideally as a Head of) within a large, commercially focused environment. An accounting or audit qualifications is sought, and an MBA will a plus. Also, you will most likely have trained in a Big 4 firm before transitioning into industry.
Overview of responsibilities
- Establish and implement an integrated internal audit plan to meet the needs and risk profile of the organisation.
- Engage with industry peers and ensure relevant points of discussion are considered within the internal audit plan and discuss these with the Audit Committee and the Chair.
- Promote across the organisation the role and benefits of the Audit team.
- Manage and coordinate the execution of audits across the organisation, ensuring that the internal audit plan is properly focused on delivering value and audits are consistently delivered to a high-quality standard and on schedule.
- Ensure audit solutions are pragmatic, address the root causes, and lead to control/process improvements.
- Work with the Audit team and the organisation to understand audit findings, identifying key themes and trends that could lead to future control environment weaknesses and which should shape the internal audit plan.
Key attributes / softer skills
- Excellent analytical thinker, capable of seeing multiple relationships and quickly identifying several likely causes or consequences of a situation.
- Conceptual thinker, capable of seeing patterns or trends in data or situations.
- A person of integrity, you will be committed to the highest ethical and professional standards.
- Dynamic and inspirational person, you will be capable of leading the function and being an ambassador for it across the organisation.
- Flexible pragmatist who understands the organisation and can develop an internal audit approach that reflects the needs of the organisation.
- Able to demonstrate a commitment to the highest moral and ethical standards and be willing to raise challenging questions, with the strength of character to remain independent.
- You will be able to resolve conflicts, not provoke them.
- Hybrid model as the norm – 2/3 days in the office per week
- Salary of high 70’s to 90k
- Car allowance of £6,000
- Up to 20% bonus
- Double matched pension
- 28 days holiday + bank holidays
- Private medical and Life Insurance