Energy & Resources,
competitive salary and benefits
about 1 month ago
The Audit and Risk Recruitment Company (ARRC) have been asked by a leading fortune 500 company to recruit a Head of Internal Audit to be based from their London HQ. The role will focus specifically on their multi-billion pound, African mining project, and will therefore require previous risk-based internal audit leadership experience within the mining sector.
This is a fantastic opportunity to lead, shape and direct the function, as Head of Internal Audit you will report directly to the Audit committee and manage a small and highly knowledgeable team. Due to the project itself being African based, there will be an element of travel, you can expect approximately 3 week blocks 4 times a year.
- providing assurance on the effectiveness of the organisation’s risk management and the strength of internal controls.
- assesses organisation-wide compliance with internal policies and procedures, laws and regulations, contractual terms and conditions, efficiency of operations, and accuracy of financial reporting
- Develop annually a risk-based internal audit plan for Audit Committee review and approval
- Prepare reports for the Audit Committee and participate in meetings on a quarterly basis
- Coaching, mentor, and develop the career paths of direct reports.
You will be a fully qualified accountant (ACA / ACCA) with at least 3 years’ experience in a Head of/Director of Internal Audit capacity. Ideally your knowledge and experience within the mining sector will have been gained from working on African-based projects, however, other emerging market locations would work too. Also, being well versed operating within multi-cultural and multi-lingual environments would naturally be beneficial too.