The Audit & Risk Recruitment Company (ARRC) have been asked by a Berkshire based telecoms company to help recruit a Head of Internal Audit and Risk in what is a newly created role.
This is ideal for an experienced Internal Audit Manager/ Senior Manager with ambitions to now lead and direct a function. The role would ultimately see you build an audit and risk framework to improve the effectiveness of corporate procedures and the management of risk.
This role will initially be WFH and when normal service resumes, you can expect 3 days in the office and 2 days WFH. There will also be circa 10% travel.
- Sector – Telecoms (no prior sector experience required)
- Location – Berkshire
- Travel – 10%
- Salary range - £85k - £90k base + 20% bonus
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Liaise with Corporate Internal Audit to agree the audit plan and areas of focus
- Test and evaluate internal control processes.
- Identify opportunities to improve process / internal controls.
- Propose recommendations as a result of internal audits and work with the relevant management to agree follow up actions and deadlines
- Prepare and present to UK and Corporate Steering Board audit reports reflecting the summary audit rating and more detailed commentary and plans agreed.
- Ensure follow up of action plans defined.
Core Competences Required:
- Ensure that corporate risk assessment approach is adopted
- Lead a ‘virtual team’ of risk primes from each function to review, validate and assess risks, and their root causes, and to then agree required actions and deadlines
- Identify systemic risks and systemic root causes that may exist across the UK business
- Identify external (eg within the supply chains) as well as internal risks
- Ensure that the financial impact of risks, and any mitigating actions, are quantified and incorporated budgets and/or ‘Risk & Opportunities’ forecasts
- Prepare and present to UK and Corporate Steering Board risk reports reflecting the summary risk ratings, identification of systemic issues, and more detailed commentary and plans agreed
- At least 10 years of experience in consultancy / audit firm or an internal audit department.
- Multi-site / multi-function audit experience of companies > £200m turnover
- Experience with multinational companies
Please get in touch for more information.
The Audit & Risk Recruitment Company - Experts in Audit and Risk Recruitment!