The Audit & Risk Recruitment are working on an exclusive Head of IT Audit opportunity for a global Media company.
This position will be responsible for creating and delivering the global technology audit strategy and methodology. The Head of IT Audit will also need to develop and lead a innovative IT audit team that is already established. The individual will act as an independent adviser and business partner helping the Company to achieve its vision and objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to providing assurance, advice and insight on the effectiveness of risk management, governance, compliance and internal control.
The position, based in London, operates globally and involves travel across all key markets. The position reports to the Director of Internal Audit & Risk and requires excellent stakeholder management skills, flexibility and agility to respond to the rapidly changing risk landscape and a strong, diverse technology background covering digital / tech transformation, financial (SOX) compliance and key technology domains.
- IT Degree or CISA qualification (or relevant experience) with ≥ 10 years post qualification experience, a Big 4 background would be an advantage
- IT audit experience in a SOX and US GAAP reporting environment including experience of managing a team and co-source provider staff
- Significant experience and strong knowledge of key technology domains (methodology and practices) including infrastructure (networks, databases and operating systems), cyber security, ITIL practices, data analytics, applications (ERP and cloud solutions) and emerging technologies
- A “thought leader” within the Company with respect to risk management, governance, compliance and internal control best practices
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills to ensure appropriate action is taken by senior management to remediate issues
- Remaining abreast of emerging trends and successful practices, using this knowledge to make recommendations for the ongoing development of the function