The Audit & Risk Recruitment Company has been asked by a Nottingham based, FTSE listed retailer to recruit an Internal Audit & Risk Consultant.
You will have full ownership of a broad range of value-added, risk-based audits that will you see you interact with Director and Board level stakeholders. Supporting the Head of Audit and Internal Audit Manager, you will also contribute to the continual development of the internal audit function and risk-based methodology, and you will play an active role in the coaching, guiding and development of more junior members of the team, so it’s a great opportunity to hone your management skills too.
The team you would be joining is a friendly one and more broadly across the business, the audit and risk function has significant buy-in from the senior management team.
In terms of your background, you will be a qualified auditor or accountant (ACA / ACA / IIA) and possess a couple of years’ post-qualified experience. Internal audit experience gained within a plc, or a practice firm (Big 4 / Top 10) is sought, but external auditors from practice with some internal audit exposure are also encouraged to apply. Softer skills will be key too, specifically influencing and interacting across all levels of stakeholders, and inspiring and leading more junior team members.
- Contribute to the development of technology-based assurance solutions, including Key Risk Indicators, Data Mining solutions and continuous auditing
- Deliver a programme of audits throughout the organisation, including financial and operational controls design and compliance testing, as part of a risk-based audit approach
- Contribute to the development and production of concise and impactful audit reporting, with a focus on root causes and business solutions
- Act upon common themes and insights gained from Internal Audit findings
- Assist in the investigation of any concerns reported via Whistleblowing routes, as well as major fraud & theft investigations
Whilst the organisation is multi-site across the UK, this will be a very low travel role (no more than 5/10%) with most of your key stakeholders based at the company’s Nottingham HQ. You can also expect a strong work / life balance and as the norm going forward, there will be a blend of home and office-based working.