The Audit & Risk Recruitment Company (ARRC) have been engaged by a specialist logistics business based in Central London to recruit an Internal Audit and Risk Manager. You would be joining a reasonably large audit and risk function, and report into the Director and have one direct report.
The organisation has undergone extensive transformation in recent years and is continuing to digitalise, so an internal audit and risk specialist within the business, you can expect to enjoy extensive variety in the audits you lead on (predominantly operational focused followed by some financial and IT auditing), provide assurance for major projects, and support key risk management activities. Your role would be split 60 / 40% between internal audit and risk management.
This role is ideal for those seeking to expand their skillset and move into a role that offers significant exposure to risk management. Having risk management is ideal for those who are looking to work their way up to Head of Internal Audit roles or make a transition to 2nd line risk role.
- Ownership of risk-based audits based on business and emerging risks and proactively seeks stakeholder agreement.
- Support in the design and deliver an agile approach to audit methodology and delivery in an increasing digital environment.
- Plan, execute and report on risk-based audits in line with procedures and best practice methodology and agree pragmatic solutions that balance the business benefit against the associated risk.
- Provide assurance for major projects and initiatives
- Plan and conduct risk workshops to facilitate the developments and maintenance of Risk Registers.
- Build strong relationships with business management and proactively drive the audit and risk management process
- Internal Audit / Risk Assurance experience within a Big 4 / Top 10 practice firm or in-house function
- Experience working with commercial clients or within a commercially focused business
- Previous line management experience
- ACA, ACCA, or CIA qualification is preferred, but those qualified by experience should also apply.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence
- Working knowledge of Data Analytics/Technology Risk is a bonus as is any knowledge of IT control frameworks (e.g., COBIT, ISO 2700, ITIL) and / or project assurance
- Mix of home and office-based working weighted either way depending on your preferred way of working.
- Circa 20% UK travel
- £70,000 - £75,000
- Up to 18% bonus