The Audit & Risk Recruitment Company (ARRC) are recruiting an Internal Audit Manager for a FTSE 100 business.
The Internal Audit Manager will manage the delivery of comprehensive and demanding assurance (internal audit) and advisory reviews for this successful and growing organisation. In this dynamic environment the Internal Audit Manager needs to be both a technically sound assurance expert and an articulate, commercially-aware advocate of effective, pragmatic processes and controls.
Reporting to the Head of Risk & Assurance, the Internal Audit Manager is a key member of the team supporting the in the delivery of the internal audit plan.
- Manage the delivery of robust, evidence-based assurance reviews that follow the agreed Internal Audit methodology including third party assurance and programme assurance projects.
- Leading audit clearance meetings (including with Executive Leadership Team and director level colleagues), resolving contentious issues, gaining cross-departmental agreement on control and process improvements.
- Manage the delivery of value-adding advisory engagements, working with ambiguity to provide insight to different areas of the business.
- Delivery of high quality, clearly written reports to agreed deadlines.
- Ownership and planning of a portfolio of reviews on a quarterly basis.
- Stakeholder management responsibilities across the Group in order to understand how this dynamic and exciting business is changing.
- Acting as a trusted source of controls expertise and consultancy within the business (while maintaining professional independence).
- Maintain external networks and knowledge of professional developments in order to continuously improve methodologies and tools.
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
- A qualified accountant or internal auditor (ACA, CIMA, ACCA, IIA etc.) with a minimum of three years PQE.
- A record of delivering high quality risk based audit, assurance and advisory engagements.
- Has sufficient personal impact to influence and negotiate with senior management without compromising professional independence.
- Very strong report writing, presentational and meetings skills.
- Ability to plan a wide range of audits, with a variety of stakeholders, in a quickly changing environment.
- Experience managing key senior stakeholders and building business relationships.
- Competitive base salary
- Up to 20% bonus
- 25 days holiday
- BAYE, SAYE & Performance share schemes
- 7% pension
- Life Assurance
- Flexible benefits package
- Excellent staff travel benefits