The Audit and Risk Recruitment Company (ARRC) is assisting a financially strong, Peterborough based FTSE listed organisation recruit an Internal Audit Manager.
This is a highly involved role and will see you manage and perform operational and finance audits, assist the Head of Audit in devising the annual audit plan for UK operations, and provide input into the wider strategy and continual development of the audit function (e.g. improving how the function utilises data analytics).
The itself function is held in high regard and you can expect fast track promotion within audit or into the business (especially finance) on both a UK and international basis. You can also expect to find a supportive and collaborative culture, an approachable executive and senior management team, and a business with a genuine appreciation for the importance of a strong work / life balance.
There is some flexible working and you’ll be in the office about 3 times per week. Currently though, the audit team is working remotely,
Prior managerial experience not a required so this could suit those looking for a step up as well as those working as an internal Audit Manager but seeking a new challenge.
Also, those from both an internal or external audit background could be suitable.
Overview of responsibilities
- Manage the end to end audit process and communicate finding to senior management
- Assist with the planning and be responsible for execution the of internal audit programme
- Provide direction and insight in maintaining a robust control environment
- Develop, schedule, and execute annual internal audit projects
- Provide support for projects and programs from an assurance perspective utilising data analytics and other audit tools
Skills and requirements
- A full qualification or certification in either accounting or audit (ACA / ACCA / CMIIA)
- Detailed understanding of key business processes, internal control frameworks and risk management principles
- Audit experience – this can be within professional services (Big 4 / Top 10) or an in-house audit function (with commercial sector experience)
- Data analytics experience would be beneficial
- Ability to build trust and engage, influence, and advise others
- Drive, ambition, and the ability to lead and use initiative
- Aspirations to make things better and have a positive impact