A global, highly complex and successful media organisation is seeking an Internal Audit Manager to be based from their West Lothian hub.
You will be report into the Director and be part of a fairly large risk, controls and assurance function that is extremely credible, good at what they do, and respected across the organisation.
Your role will be a Group wide remit and see you see lead in providing assurance on financial and business controls, the exposure you’ll gain will be huge. The wider controls assurance programme is developed around key risk areas and feedback from the top so your work will always be value added and see you interact with key decision makers.
- Building and maintaining close working relationships with the senior management team of the risk, controls, and assurance function, and ensuring cross team collaboration
- Establishing and maintaining close relationships with key local stakeholders and management
- Managing and delivery, on a day-to-day basis, the planning, performance and reporting of allocated controls assurance assignments across the Group in line with professional standards
- Assessing and testing business and financial controls
- Advocating the continual improvement in the control environment
- Reporting to local senior management on key issues on a timely basis in a clear and concise fashion
Required from you will be an accounting qualification (ICAS / ACA / ACCA), financial auditing experience and a robust understanding of process, risk, and controls – ideally within Big 4 and / or a large commercial enterprise. The ability to influence, negotiate, and basically communicate effectively will naturally be critical too.
Once (fingers crossed) we emerge from the pandemic, travel will be roughly 30% (European locations). The trips will be short, and you’ll travel back on Thursday afternoons. When in the UK, you can more often than not work from home, unless you want and prefer to be in the office, that’s fine too, they’re relaxed on this.