The Audit & Risk Recruitment Company (ARRC) have been asked by a leading Pharma business based in central London to help recruit an Internal Audit Manager.
My client is looking for an experienced internal audit practitioner at a time of transition for the business, with the board leaning heavily on internal audit for assurance on multiple aspects of transformation and change. The role carries great responsibility and importance within the flat structured team, this is hands on delivery role but with a high degree of independence and seniority.
This role will initially be WFH with no travel, when normal service resumes this is a central London mainly office-based role that will involve UK and international travel (estimated at 30-40%).
- Sector – Pharmaceuticals (no prior sector experience required)
- Location – central London (WFH for foreseeable)
- Travel – willingness to travel up to 40% UK and international
- Salary range - £80 – 90k base + (up to) 20% bonus + 12% non-contributory pension
As a global network of independent associated companies, the business puts healthcare professionals and the patients they serve at the heart of everything they do, advancing affordable treatment options, in areas of high unmet need.
Founded almost 70 years ago, they have a diverse and growing global portfolio of medicines in numerous specialist therapy areas.
The business is currently transforming its business platform towards a more integrated and matrixed organisational model within the pharmaceutical business.
The Internal Audit Manager will report to the Head of Internal Audit.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Use a risk-based approach to determine the scope of audits;
- Devise and complete detailed and well-documented audit programmes;
- Manage completion of audit fieldwork and lead closing meetings with senior management;
- At times manage the work of junior team member(s), and/or a loan staff from a professional services firm, providing timely feedback and coaching;
- Provide support on other ad-hoc team assignments – e.g. IT audits, R & D project reviews and compliance investigations;
- Prepare audit reports for review by the Internal Audit Manager/Head of Internal Audit;
- Liaise with other assurance providers; and
- Maintain an awareness of emerging risks in the pharmaceutical sector, providing updates to the global audit team as appropriate.
Core Competences Required:
- Distinguish between issues that should be communicated upward and those that can be resolved without manager involvement
- Demonstrate the ability to evaluate, synthesise, organise and interpret data and information
- Contribute to a positive work environment that fosters open communication among all engagement team members
- Dynamic and motivated, proactive, creative, resourceful
- Travel is c. 20 weeks, 4 weeks of which will be within an hour of London.
- Main regions of focus are Europe, Asia Pacific and Latin America.
- Relevant Finance or Internal Audit qualification with a strong Internal Audit background
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to interact at all levels
- Good technical skills
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills
- Attention to detail
- Pragmatic approach
- Self-starter with the ability to manage complex assignments
- Willingness to commit to up to 40% UK and International travel
Please get in touch for more information.
The Audit & Risk Recruitment Company - Experts in Audit and Risk Recruitment!