Life Sciences & Healthcare,
Circa £65,000 plus bonus and benefits
about 3 years ago
The Audit & Risk Recruitment Company (ARRC) have been asked by a global engineering company to help them recruit an Internal Audit Manager. This is a newly created position and you will directly manage a junior auditor, although previous line management experience is not necessary.
The Internal Audit function of this global business is undergoing significant change and we're looking for a strong 'No'2' who can contribute to the design and implementation of practical approaches in everything the team do. Through reviews of governance, risk and control, Internal Audit is a trusted advisor to the business to enable it to achieve sustainable and profitable growth.
What will you be doing
- You’ll be leading a portfolio of audits across a variety of areas from the annual audit plan as well as other ad hoc reviews that arise to help ensure the business is effectively and efficiently managing its key risks and controls;
- You'll be engaging with management at all levels on audits and developing great working relationships with people across the Group, increasing your commercial knowledge;
- You’ll be working with others in the audit team and the business which will give you a better understanding of the various cultures and ways of working across the Group;
- You'll develop your people skills. As well as specialist skills, Internal Audit is about about communication, influencing and negotiation;
- You’ll be supporting the Head of Internal Audit, for example by leading or working on projects as part of the overall audit improvement plan.
- You will hold a relevant accounting qualification (e.g. ACA, ACCA) or non UK equivalent and have experience of Audit / internal audit experience, including experience of engaging regularly with senior management.
- You'll have experience in project management, risk management and/or data analytics
- You will be willing and to travel up to around 40% (in the UK and overseas).
This is a highly acquisitive, fast moving, dynamic and entrepreneurial company who will offer a successful candidate a multitude of longer term career opportunities both in internal audit, as well as out in the business.
The Audit & Risk Recruitment Company - Experts in Audit & Risk Recruitment!