The Audit Risk Recruitment Company (ARRC)* has been mandated by our client, an award winning insurance business, to assist in their search for a Data Analytics Internal Auditor.
This is a brand new position and represents an opportunity for a Hybrid Internal Auditor with technical Data Analytics skills to make the role their own and drive the Data Analytics process forwards for the business.
Our client is a diversity leader in its field and promotes meritocratic progression and leadership opportunities.
Key responsibilities include supporting the Audit Team in using data analytics to provide meaningful insights to management on the adequacy and effectiveness of their control environment, including the identification, analysis and continuous monitoring of data as well as building bridges with current data teams.
This new position very much represents an opportunity to scope the role as you see fit and will also allow you to take the lead in the interpretation, and presentation to management of the outcomes of the analytics work and help to upskill the audit team in the arena of Data Analytics.
- Working independently or as part of an integrated team to develop high quality analytics to support commercially focused internal audits across the Group
- Identify key data sources and build a data library / universe to support the Audit Team.
- Analysing, interpreting and presenting output of data analytics back to Management as part of Reporting
- Support the Audit Team in building and strengthening relationships with the relevant business and management information teams
- Build and maintain the Data library / Universe
- Train and upskill members of the Audit Team in the use of Data Analytics
- Attendance at relevant committees and steering groups to support the business and drive improvements to data controls
- Supporting the Chief Internal Auditor where applicable on other team tasks, including Annual audit planning, Integrated Assurance, Ongoing risk assessments, Audit And Risk Committee reporting
- Previous experience within an Internal or External Audit environment
- Accountancy / Audit qualification preferred (CIA, ACCA, CPA etc)
- Experience in the development and embedding data analytics processes in Audit Teams
- Some technical expertise of developing scripts e.g. SQL, Python, Tableau etc (ability to code is not necessary)
- Ability to communicate conceptually detailed and complex information effectively and professionally with a wide range of people
- Ability to provide written reports suitable for governing bodies and to ensure dissemination of information in the right format to the right people at the right time
- Experienced at cultivating key business relationships and influencing to drive results