Consumer & Retail
Base between £48,000 - £53,000 with additional car allowance
about 1 year ago
I've been asked by an iconic FTSE Retailer to recruit an Internal Auditor.
This role is based in central London with occasional UK and European travel, estimated at 10% max.
I'm looking for a recently qualified accountant with a background in either external or internal audit, most likely from within a Big 4 firm.
The business is going through a transformative journey and internal audit are playing a critical role in supporting the Board and Audit Committee on key business risks and the control environment by providing independent and objective feedback. Joining the team now provides an incredible opportunity to gain exposure to a major business transformation. This is a genuinely wide-ranging role with unique exposure to all facets of the business and senior management. The team’s remit is extensive and covers all commercial and functional activities and provides access to all levels of management.
- Report to Internal Audit Manager
- Role covers all business areas across UK and internationally and significant senior stakeholder engagement
- You will work with business stakeholders to improve the business through impactful, commercial and pragmatic recommendations
- You will participate in audit scoping, leading fieldwork, presenting concise, objective reports
- Ad-hoc project work involving risk management and investigations
- Limited UK and international travel (5-10%)
- Excellent communicator, sound judgement and objectivity
- Commercial outlook – pay close attention to detail whilst appreciating the ‘bigger picture'
- Integrity and objectivity with a curious mindset
- Strong team player, build and maintain strong relationships
- Professional accounting qualification (e.g. ACA, ACCA) or IA qualification (IIA)
- Strong audit background, i.e. Big 4 etc.
- Internal Audit experience preferred
- Retail experience an advantage
- Practical experience of data analytics a plus, but by no means essential
- Attractive base salary (c. £48-53k dependent on experience)
- Generous car allowance (£5k taken as cash)
- Central London office
- Great work/life balance
- Various other benefits – private health, life assurance, pension etc.
Please get in touch for more information.
The Audit & Risk Recruitment Company - Experts in Audit and Risk Recruitment!