The Audit & Risk Recruitment Company (ARRC) are delighted to have been selected by this FTSE100 company who are looking to recruit a new internal auditor for their team in central London. Specifically we are looking for a fluent French speaker.
We've worked with this company for many years and they have one of the best track records of developing people. The 1st person we placed into this team (back in 2004) has progressed through the ranks to become a Group Finance Director, some are now working in CFO roles, many are working in Fiance Control roles in and around the UK, some are now in senior finance roles in Latin America.
Reporting to the Head of Internal Audit, you will review and report on operational and financial controls with a view to identifying internal control weaknesses and recommending improvements. This is a highly acquisitive company so there are always lots of post acquisition audits to be done.
- To carry out the audits of businesses effectively and efficiently in accordance with the approach established by the Head of Internal Audit.
- Prepare a plan for the audit of specific businesses sufficient to ensure that controls over all key aspects of the business are reviewed.
- To prepare in-depth plans for the audit of controls and procedures in the areas of the business assigned to the auditor.
- To prepare working papers supporting the conclusions reached by the auditor for each area of the business audited.
- To present the finding of the work to the management of the business by means of oral presentation and discussions.
- To present the outcome of the work by means of a report setting out weaknesses in internal control and suggesting effective improvements.
- To perform follow-up visits and report on action taken by management to address the points raised.
- To carry out special assignments and secondments to businesses.
Based in central London the role requires frequent travel (approximately 40% overseas and 20% UK).
Due to the planned progression routes into finance we are looking for people with the following experience:
- Fully qualified Chartered Accountant (ICAS or ICAEW), first time passes and/OR equivalent overseas qualification.
- University graduate in a recognised and relevant degree subject, minimum of a 2:1.
- First class written and spoken English.
- Experience in evaluating or managing controls
- Flexibility to travel extensively (ie. no personal or relevant visa restrictions) in the UK, Europe, South America & Australasia.
- The aptitude and personal credibility to progress beyond internal audit.
The Audit & Risk Recruitment Company - Experts in Audit and Risk Recruitment!