The Audit Risk Recruitment Company has been mandated by our client, a global healthcare and insurance business, to assist in their search for an Operational Risk and Compliance Monitoring Specialist.
The successful candidate will be responsible for helping in the delivery of robust 2LOD assurance to the business. He/she will be responsible for providing assurance either through functional or thematic reviews throughout the year, helping the business to understand compliance, operational and insurance risk.
The position is paying circa £50,000 / per annum and will require occasional international travel to our client’s various business hubs. The role includes a generous benefits package.
- Evaluate the reliability of internal controls, identifying areas for improvement and monitoring corrective action
- Ensure adherence to relevant FCA and other rules, regulations, codes and internal policies and procedures
- To plan, organise and carry out assurance activities as directed by the Head of Operational Risk and Compliance Monitoring
- To collate, analyse and record business/management information in preparation for undertaking face-to-face and desk-based monitoring work
- To deliver effective, relevant and timely reports on findings of assurance activities undertaken in relation to BINS/BISL compliance and regulatory control environment
- Presentation of report findings to the business in a constructive professional manner, and whilst applying business acumen, helping to find solutions where issues have been identified
- Assist the process of identifying, monitoring and measuring risk, in conjunction with line management and other specialist functions (Internal Audit, Risk Team and Legal) so that risks affecting the business may be effectively managed.
Experience and Qualifications
- The role holder is expected to have the following experience and qualification/s
- Professional qualification an advantage (e.g. Audit, Risk, Compliance or Accounting) e.g. International Compliance Association Governance, Risk & Compliance Diploma
- The role is fundamental to assuring the effectiveness of internal control environment and compliance with Regulatory requirements. Therefore proven experience in a business assurance, compliance or relevant role with a regulator is preferred
- Practical experience in implementing assurance and compliance monitoring frameworks, processes, tools and technology is preferred
- Must be fully committed to meeting the objectives of their own role and for ensuring that these align with BUPA’s overall business ethos, strategy and ambitions
- Experience of balancing business needs, goals and objectives with regulatory compliance to ensure appropriate decisions are made
- Experience of analysing and adapting to different situations requiring interpretative and constructive thinking and a considerable degree of evaluative judgement.
For more information and to apply, click Apply below.