The Audit Risk Recruitment Company (ARRC)* has been exclusively mandated to assist our client, a reputable insurance business provider, in their search for a Risk and Controls Manager.
Reporting directly into the Chief Risk Officer, you will have overall responsibility for risk and controls oversight, across an array of risk disciplines. Areas of focus include:
- Monitoring and supporting all functions and business units within the risk management framework
- Providing advice on risk and controls matters to colleagues across the business
- Supporting the business units and functions with the identification of risks and key controls, control design and effectiveness
- Monitoring and testing of compliance with the global key control framework including the financial controls framework
- Areas of controls mitigation include procurement, tendering, finance, M&A processes and configuration management
This is an exciting opportunity for a Second Line Risk professional (Operational Risk is preferred) to join a collaborative and forward-thinking business with longer term opportunities to progress within first, second or third line OR an internal audit professional (ideally with some oversight or experience in a second line Risk / Compliance role) looking to make a move into a second line Risk based role.
- Monitor and support all function and business units with the risk management framework.
- Provide leadership and guidance on risk management concepts.
- Champion Risk Management across the business units, supporting the identification and assessment of business, operational and financial risks.
- Support the key stakeholders in the identification of key controls that mitigate the risks, including planning, documentation, testing of Controls, and any follow-ups to ensure mitigation of any failures and weaknesses.
- Responsible for monitoring compliance to the Financial Controls Framework globally
- Support the shaping, development, and continuous improvement of controls frameworks across the business’s core processes and systems
- Perform the testing of Design, Implementation and Operational Effectiveness of Internal Controls, including those managed by third party suppliers
- You will support preparation of (e.g. draft input to) committee packs and participate in appropriate risk forums and committees
- Qualifications such as IRM, IIA, CIA, CIMA, ACCA strongly preferred
- Experience in a second line function (preferably Operational Risk), or from a commercial internal audit background
- Influencing skills, including at Executive level
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong grasp of Risk and Controls from a commercial perspective
- Robust knowledge and understanding of Financial Controls, Key controls, Overarching Controls frameworks and general controls.
- Experience of implementing controls framework, controls testing, monitoring, and auditing.
*The Audit Risk Recruitment Company - Experts in Audit and Risk