The Audit Risk Recruitment Company has been exclusively mandated by our client, a growing insurance business, to assist in their search for a Risk Manager.
You will be responsible for the further development, implementation and ongoing monitoring of the Group's Risk Management framework. Working with business Risk Champions this role will help to embed a consistent approach to Risk Management and a demonstrable risk- aware culture across the business.
Progression will lead to promotion to Head of Risk.
- Support the Risk Champions within the Business Units to facilitate the identification, assessment and management of risks through the consistent application of the risk assessment process, as defined with Collinson's enterprise risk management framework;
- Work with Compliance and Learning and Development to build a comprehensive risk and compliance training programme - tailored to specific audiences
- Facilitate the escalation processes in accordance with Risk Management policy for potential losses, risks and breaches of appetite, the maintenance of a local log, assisting the business Risk Champions in conducting root-cause analysis and monitoring and challenging progress against remedial action plans (including control enhancements)
- Enhance and maintain a consistent risk management framework across the Insurance & Assistance business
- Provide challenge to the business units on the adherence to risk appetite statements and limits, as devolved to the Division / Business Unit(s)
- Facilitate and manage a formal 6 monthly risk and control self- assessment proces
- Working with IT/Tech to assist with the further development of controls including business continuity plans and testing exercises
- Working with the Cyber Security team to understand the risks and controls relevant to Insurance & Assistance.
Knowledge, Skills And Experience Required
- Risk Management experience with a insurance / FS environment and a desire to analyse business issues and risks with a view to improving business performance (Including exposure to Solvency 2)
- Sound understanding of the Regulatory regime applicable to the business, including a sound understanding of Solvency II requirements
- Strong and flexible influencing skills required for engagement with management and staff at all levels
- Ability to analyse technical information and understand complex matters quickly
- Able to draw the 'bigger picture' themes and strategic risks from underlying sources
- Experience in the design and development of a stress and scenario framework including reverse stress tests
- Have worked closely with the Actuarial function in respect of risk /capital alignment;
- Experience in working with personal lines insurance products
- Either Associate (or above) of Chartered Insurance Institute or qualified member of the Institute of Risk Management (or studying for).