The Audit and Risk Recruitment Company is recruiting a Senior Internal Audit & Risk Manager on behalf of a FTSE 250 listed organisation that despite the current climate, has gone from strength to strength. As such, they are now looking to bolster their audit and risk function with this hire.
You will find a people oriented, friendly, and supportive culture, and although it is now FTSE listed and has grown rapidly in recent times, it has managed to retain many of its core values.
Your role will report directly into the Head of Audit and support on the delivery of audits and risk management activities. Responsibilities include developing the risk and audit methodologies, and annual plans; building and maintaining strong working relationships with senior personnel across group functions and trading divisions; preparing risk and audit plans and delivering risk and audit reviews; conducting ad hoc investigations such as fraud or whistleblowing; and assisting in the preparation and presentation of reports for the Audit Committee.
Background skills and experience
- A full accounting qualification (ACA / ACCA / CCAB)
- Audit experience (internal or external audit) gained within a professional services firm (Big 4 / Top 10) or a large, commercial organisation
- Knowledge of key business processes, internal control frameworks and risk management principles
- Strong communication skills with the ability to influence, business partner, and challenge
- Sound commercial awareness
The role will be based from their Newcastle head office with occasional travel to other UK sites and some flexible working.