The Audit and Risk Recruitment Company
The Audit and Risk Recruitment Company has been mandated by a Nottingham based financial services company on a Principle Consultant vacancy. Our client, a constituent of the FTSE 50, has one of the leading internal audit functions within the country. Our client specialises in credit cards, loans, banking and savings account. This is a high profile position and an opportunity for an individual looking to take that next step to join a ‘best in class’ audit function.
The position is paying circa 55k + benefits
- Support the delivery of the Annual Audit Plan across both the UK and Canada Card businesses
- Gain a full understanding of the UK and Canada lines of business
- Develop strong and effective working relationships with key business partners
- Perform risk assessments, design and perform relevant testing
- Assist in communicating issues, risks and recommendations to all levels of management
- Operate independently to ensure work is completed to schedule and meets our high-quality standards
- Proactively follow up on agreed audit actions to ensure management delivers their commitments within the agreed timescales.
- Proactively seeks out learning opportunities to enhance skills and competencies related to role.
Key Skills & Experience
- Relevant qualification (ACCA, ACA, CIMA or IIA) and experience in internal or external auditing, risk management, accounting, financial analysis, information systems, compliance or another related field
- Proven skills in assessing business risks and the ability to identify and design risk-based testing
- Ability to operate independently
- Excellent communication skills and a proven ability to build rapport and trust with ease
- Analytics skills desirable