The Audit and Risk Recruitment Company (ARRC) have been mandated by a Leeds based financial services company on a Senior Internal Audit vacancy.
Please note that are client is unable to provide sponsorship for this position and that a suitable work permit is required
Reporting into the Head of Risk and assurance, this is a broad role that will assist in the development of our client’s risk vision and strategy. The successful candidate will have primary responsibility over the implementation of various initiatives and will be responsible for carrying out internal audits across the business.
It is also of paramount importance that the individual has a track record of influencing stakeholders
Basic salary for this role is paying circa 35 - 42K / per annum + bonus + benefits.
The role will initially be remote working but there is a longer-term expectation for this position to be office based (LEEDS) at least 2 days a week.
- Aid in the development of Business Assurance strategy with specific focus on the design of the Internal Audit universe and cyclical assurance plan.
- Delivery of a wide spectrum of internal audit assurance reviews designed to assess the efficiency and effectiveness of governance, risk management and control frameworks.
- Support the delivery of Internal Audit consultancy activity designed to aid the organisations identification and mitigation of risk.
- Support the on-going evolution and embedding of Risk Management Framework to ensure that risks are identified, understood, and mitigated to an acceptable level.
- Monitor the organisations compliance to policies, procedures, processes, and key controls to ensure that risks are mitigated and controlled in an effective manner.
- Determine and develop the standards and framework for internal audit activity and reporting to ensure it remains aligned to best practice and the international professional practices framework.
- Provide assurance to the Board, Executive Committee and other stakeholders on the effectiveness of the internal control framework to encompass - sufficiency relative to risk, adequacy relative to desired outcome and evidence of application and testing
- Commission or conduct internal audits, co-ordinating with other external bodies or control frameworks as necessary, present findings and recommendations to the Executive Committee, Risk Committee and Audit Committee
- Ensure actions, risks and recommendations relating to all Internal Audit matters are recorded, monitored, and managed with regular status updates to ensure visibility of progress and completion to target dates.
- Take responsibility for personal professional development to keep abreast of Internal Audit best practice and assess the applicability of developments to the business.
- To develop and take ownership of the company’s vision, Business Plan and values, and to be totally committed to these.
- Internal audit experience in a financial services environment, ideally FCA regulated
- Knowledge of audit techniques and standards
- Relationship management and influencing skills
- Professional audit / accountancy qualification (Or studying towards)
- Presentation skills
- Investigative and quantitative analysis capability
- Verbal and written communication skills
The Audit and Risk Recruitment Company – Experts in Audit and Risk