The Audit and Risk Recruitment Company (ARRC) are looking to recruit a Senior Internal Auditor for a global retailer based in Birmingham. This international company operates under several very well-known brands across the UK and has an excellent ecommerce presence which has allowed it to respond effectively to the current climate.
The role will be reporting into the Internal Audit & Sox Manager and will be responsible for carrying out risk-based audits across the business, taking responsibility for the review from scoping to reporting, drafting and clearance of the report to ensure achievement of the audit plan. You may be asked to conduct investigations into process issues as requested by management and you will be expected to assist in the compilation of an effective risk-based audit plan.
Required is a recognised accountancy or internal audit qualification (ACA/ACCA/IIA) either from a practice background (Top 10) or a large commercial business. You will need to have experience in risk-based auditing, and you will preferably have some internal audit experience too, although this is not a necessity.
You expect to gain broad exposure as to how the business operates, experience in risk management, and extensive senior stakeholder engagement. There is also a large emphasis on learning and development.
- You will be carrying out risk-based audits across the business (end-to-end process);
- You will conduct investigations into process issues as requested by management;
- You will assist in the compilation of an effective risk-based audit plan feeding into the overall Corporate Audit Plan;
- You will co-ordinate the annual Sarbanes Oxley compliance process for Entity-wide controls;
- You will actively contribute to the risk management process through assisting management to define, document and agree an appropriate control framework to promote effective risk management.
Interviews will be taking place via video conferencing. For more information, please apply now.