A well-known global brand is looking to recruit a Senior Internal Auditor. You would be joining a highly skilled, friendly, and collaborative audit and risk function led by a senior management team that has a track record of developing staff
They are seeking a newly qualified through to a couple of years PQE level auditor (those at finalist level will also be considered), and you can come from either an external audit or internal audit background.
The nature of the audits will be varied so you can expect to gain a huge amount of exposure across all facets of the Group and to really develop your understanding of risk and wider commercial awareness. Routes for progression include within audit and into the business.
- Understand the key strategies of the business and how they impact Internal Audit’s work and overall plan.
- Work with the Audit Manager/Senior Manager to perform financial and/or operation audits by auditing and identifying the key risks and assessing the design and operating effectiveness of key processes and controls.
- Design and perform testing to evaluate the operation of the controls in place.
- Make an initial judgement on the design and operating effectiveness of controls in place.
- Provide an initial view on how significant any weaknesses or issues are and assist in the development of pragmatic and relevant audit recommendations that are implemented.
- Draft audit reports, including assessment of findings and overall report grade within agreed timeframes and functional KPIs.
- Perform and document all work in compliance with established methodology to ensure that professional internal audit standards are being complied with.
- A full accounting qualification (ACA / ACCA / CCAB) or internal audit qualification (CIA)
- Audit experience gained within a professional services firm (Big 4 / Top 10) or in-house within a large, commercially focused business
- Good communication skills with the ability to build and maintain strong working relationships
There will be a blend of home and office-based working. Travel will be circa 15% (split between international and UK)