The Audit & Risk Recruitment Company (ARRC) are pleased to be recruiting for this world renowned international charity.
Purpose of job:
To contribute to an efficient and effective internal audit department through playing a key role in supporting the management of risk and achievement of objectives. This will include performing all aspects of internal audit assignments (planning, fieldwork & reporting), in support of the annual audit opinion of the adequacy and effectiveness of the governance, risk management and control processes that exist throughout the organisation.
The candidate must be a forward-looking and commercial thinking (finance) professional and must have the ability to support, work with and influence colleagues across the organisation.
Context and environment:
The internal audit department is a globally diverse team with teams in London, Hong Kong and Nairobi (total of 13 FTE). The team is led by the Director of Audit who reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer with a strong ‘dotted’ reporting line to the Chair of the Audit & Finance Committee. The department follows a risk-based approach to audit and conducts both country audits and audits of specific risk areas (Program Assurance, Technology/IS, thematic audits etc.)
The Internal Audit department delivers a comprehensive, independent and objective audit service to the organisation, whilst ensuring this is achieved in a customer-orientated manner which is in accordance with the clients values.
The Corporate Plan sets out ambitious growth targets for both the number of people we will work with and the income that we will generate. Turnover for 2015/2016 is expected to be close to £1 billion despite a lower UK Government grant and we will be more profitable, reinforcing financial sustainability. The client will achieve this by being more entrepreneurial in its approach whilst maintaining its public service ethos and charitable purpose. It will create a lower cost structure and use more efficient and simpler processes, with control and compliance focused on where risk is the greatest. In this context of change it will be even more important to have an effective ‘3rd line of defence’ in the form of Internal Audit, upon whom the organisation can rely in terms of its evaluation of management’s exposure to risk and level of control.
Accountabilities, responsibilities and main duties:
- Responsible for leading and conducting the preparation, planning, execution and reporting of risk-based audits (incl. country audits).
- Input into the development of the risk-based audit plan
- Providing both verbal and written recommendations for improvements to Country, Regional and Functional Management.
- Delivery of high quality work and the production of excellent working papers and summaries of information.
- Preparing (draft) reports and management updates, assisting the managers and other members in the team.
- The performance of ad hoc assignments as required (e.g. investigations, advisory engagements).
- Liaising at all levels of the organisation including senior management.
Regional and Country Directors
UK Finance teams, Regional Finance teams, Country Finance teams and Shared Service Centre
Internal and External auditors (NAO, DFID, PWC)
Key colleagues in Strategic Business Units (SBUs,) Network Team, Transformation, Programmes, Governance and Risk.
Global Business Services and Business Solutions