- Job title – Senior Internal Auditor
- Sector - Pharmaceuticals
- Location – central London
- Travel – 40% international
- Salary range - £55k - £65k base + 10% bonus +12% pension
A privately-owned pharmaceutical business employing more than 3,000 in over 30 countries across Europe, Asia Pacific and in the Americas. A market leader in the treatment of pain, they’re a research-based company with R&D, manufacturing and sales & marketing operations. The company continues to consistently outperform the market and enjoys double-digit growth through organic development and the in-licensing of new products.
The Internal Auditor will report to the Head of Audit with a dotted line to the Internal Audit Manager. The individual will also be working with 4 other team members.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Reviewing financial activity and business operations to manage risk, improve efficiencies and enhance processes.
- Working across multiple functions including finance, sales & marketing and manufacturing, the role includes the evaluation of internal controls, safeguarding of company assets & compliance with established policies and procedures, including a code of ethics.
- Contributing to the delivery of audit reviews of processes, controls and systems across the organization.
- Plan one or more audit assignments simultaneously. Collate information on the area being audited, including key systems, organisational structure, financial and budgetary information, any legal or regulatory requirements etc. Dialogue and interviews with the management responsible for the area being audited.
- Document the key processes and associated controls being examined in the audit.
- Devise testing programmes and perform testing as required.
- Write working papers to ensure they comply with the agreed standards, including drafting review points when necessary. Discuss findings and draft observations with Head of Audit and Internal Audit Manager.
- Draft internal audit reports and assist Head of Audit and Internal Audit Manager with finalising the findings and observations with auditee management.
- Develop sound job administration skills so that jobs run smoothly. Take responsibility for executing work plans and managing projects effectively to time, quality and costs.
Core Competences Required:
- Distinguish between issues that should be communicated upward and those that can be resolved without manager involvement.
- Demonstrate the ability to evaluate, synthesise, organise and interpret data and information.
- Contribute to a positive work environment that fosters open communication among all engagement team members.
- Dynamic and motivated, proactive, creative, resourceful.
- Travel is 20-22 weeks, 4 weeks of which will be within an hour of London
- Main regions of focus are Europe, Asia Pacific and Latin America.
- ACA, ACCA or equivalent
- Big 4 background
- Internal/external audit experience
- Languages: Strong written and spoken English, other languages are a plus.
Please get in touch for more information.
The Audit & Risk Recruitment Company - Experts in Audit and Risk Recruitment!