The Audit & Risk Recruitment Company (ARRC) have been asked by a leading Pharma business based in central London to help recruit a Senior Internal Auditor.
This role will initially be WFH with no travel, when normal service resumes this is a central London office-based role that will involve UK and international travel.
- Sector – Pharmaceuticals (no prior sector experience required)
- Location – central London (WFH for foreseeable)
- Travel – willingness to travel up to 40% UK and international
- Salary range - £55k - £65k base + 10% bonus +12% pension
A privately-owned pharmaceutical business employing more than 3,000 in over 30 countries across Europe, Asia Pacific and in the Americas. A market leader in the treatment of pain, my client is a research-based company with R&D, manufacturing and sales & marketing operations. The company continues to consistently outperform the market and enjoys double-digit growth through organic development and the in-licensing of new products.
The Internal Auditor will report to the Head of Audit with a dotted line to the Internal Audit Manager.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Use a risk-based approach to determine the scope of audits;
- Devise and complete detailed and well-documented audit programmes;
- Manage completion of audit fieldwork and lead closing meetings with senior management;
- At times manage the work of junior team member(s), and/or a loan staff from a professional services firm, providing timely feedback and coaching;
- Provide support on other ad-hoc team assignments – e.g. IT audits, R & D project reviews and compliance investigations;
- Prepare audit reports for review by the Internal Audit Manager/Head of Internal Audit;
- Liaise with other assurance providers; and
- Maintain an awareness of emerging risks in the pharmaceutical sector, providing updates to the global audit team as appropriate.
Core Competences Required:
- Distinguish between issues that should be communicated upward and those that can be resolved without manager involvement.
- Demonstrate the ability to evaluate, synthesise, organise and interpret data and information.
- Contribute to a positive work environment that fosters open communication among all engagement team members.
- Dynamic and motivated, proactive, creative, resourceful.
- Travel is 20-22 weeks, 4 weeks of which will be within an hour of London
- Main regions of focus are Europe, Asia Pacific and Latin America.
- Relevant Finance or Internal Audit qualification with a strong audit background (external/internal audit)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to interact at all levels
- Good technical skills
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills
- Attention to detail
- Pragmatic approach
- Self-starter with the ability to manage some assignments
- Willingness to commit to up to 40% UK and International travel
Please get in touch for more information.
The Audit & Risk Recruitment Company - Experts in Audit and Risk Recruitment!