The Audit & Risk Recruitment Company are currently recruiting for this well know Retail brand based in West London. The role comes with minimal travel.
In addition to the classic Internal audit responsibilities, you will be expected to get involved in special projects as requested by key stakeholders, this will also include pieces of advisory work. The position is very hands on and you will be expected to manage your workload and time effectively to ensure you deliver assigned audits by the set deadlines.
Reporting to the Group Head of Audit the Group Internal Auditor will;
- Performing end to end risk based audits according to the annual audit plan.
- Undertaking planning and fieldwork. Completing audit working papers and detailing results of testing to support findings.
- Identifying internal control weaknesses and making recommendations to improve internal controls and business processes.
- Discussing and agreeing recommendations with management and key stakeholders.
- Preparing reports for audit management review.
- Building relationships with management across the business.
- Managing the internal audit issues log including follow up with management on agreed actions plans and quarterly status updates to the Board.
- Undertaking special projects when requested.
Essential skills & experience
- Fully qualified (ACA/ACCA/CA/CMIIA/CIA or equivalent).
- Minimum 2 years internal audit experience.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Visio.
- Strong understanding of internal controls, business process analysis and risk assessment.
- High level of self-motivation, determination and confidence.
- Flexible to changing business needs and adaptable to varied situations.
- Strong written skills with the ability to craft comprehensive yet concise reports.
- Attention to detail, in particular with report writing.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and clear logical thinking.
- Excellent organisational, interpersonal and communication skills, including good presentation and report writing skills.
- Experience in a Big 4 public accounting firm public accounting firm and/or internal audit department.
- Experience with data analytics using Access or ACL or other similar software.
- Experience auditing against Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX). (Please note the Group is a private company and not required to comply with SOX).
- Exposure to retail or retail estate would be advantageous but not essential.
The Audit & Risk Recruitment Company - Experts in Audit and Risk Recruitment!